You Promised

Hello Everyone,

Wow, I'm actually posting again this year *round of applause*. Okay, jokes aside. I've been doing a bit of writing between trying to get my school and editing done. So, I decided to share one with you guys. It's a Miah Faye Work Short (haven't done one in a while). I know it's a bit cliche but I hope you all like it!

In Christ's Love,
Hannah G.
xoxo 💗


You Promised

“Let us go!” screamed Miah as she kicked and banged against the door. Behind her, and much calmer was Holmes. “Oh, why did I drag him into this?” she thought, pounding harder on the door in frustration with herself. But, as time passed by and the door refused to give, a cloud of helplessness began to form in her mind. She couldn’t think of a way out of this.

“Hey, are you alright?” asked Holmes noticing that the noise had stopped.

“No.” was all Miah could make out as she sunk to floor, tears streaming down her face.

“Hey,” said Holmes softly, quickly standing up and walking over to Miah, “It’s alright, we’ll make it out of here.”

“How?” sniffled Miah, “I can’t think a way out, and this door won’t budge.”

“Listen,” calmed Holmes kneeling down in front of Miah, “I know things seem bleak, but we will get out of here.”

“Promise?” queried Miah looking up at Holmes.

“I promise.” He replied wiping a falling tear from her face.

That night Miah slept soundly, curled up beside Holmes. Holmes, on the other hand didn’t sleep a wink. He had to find a way to get them out, he couldn’t let Miah down.

The next morning Miah awoke to Holmes shaking her violently “What’s wrong?” asked Miah her eyes snapping open upon remembering where she was.

“Someone’s coming.” hissed Holmes.

A look of panic came into Miah’s eyes and she froze in fear.

“Hey,” said Holmes grabbing her hand, “remember, I promised to get us out of here.”

Miah began to relax but the sudden sound of the bolt in the door made her jump.

“We meet at last, dear Miah.” addressed a tall, well-dressed man. “I was hoping it’d be under better circumstances, but I suppose beggars can’t be choosers.” he began to walk up to Miah, but without a second thought Holmes jumped up in front of her and glared at the man.

“This must be your friend Holmes.” stated the man, “Claire’s told me so much about you.”

Holmes froze, “Claire? But she was on their side, wasn’t she?”

“I guess that if I’m to get anything into Miah’s little head I’ll have to separate you two, or at least get you out of my way.” remarked the man.

With a quick wave of his hand two body guards came into the room. One pulled Holmes away, to the other side of the room, the other stood behind Miah.

Holmes didn’t even put up a fight. He was to in shock. “Why would Claire betray them? Why would she betray him after all he had done for her?”

“Listen, I hate to cut this short, but I am on a tight schedule.” said the man approaching Miah, “So if you could just tell me what it is, I want to know that would be great.”

“I don’t know what you want…” mumbled Miah unintelligibly. She could feel the fear slowly building up inside her again. “this wasn’t supposed to happen.”

“Pardon?” questioned the man, beginning to get irritated.

Miah didn’t answer. Her head was spinning, it was all too much.

“Miah?” said Holmes shakily, “what does he want?”

“Silence!” yelled the man turning to face Holmes. His cold eyes glaring at him in hatred.

Suddenly Holmes felt a hard blow being delivered to the back of his head. In pain he fell to his knees, now it was his turn to feel like everything was spinning.

“No!” screamed Miah upon seeing her friend slump to the ground.

“You know, I think Miah could use some motivation,” stated the man, “Claire wouldn’t mind seeing you Holmes.”

Holmes looked up, his vision was blurry, but he could make out Claire who was standing a few feet away from him. “Why?” was all he could say between the throbbing pain in his head and the new-found fear.

Claire didn’t answer, instead all she did was pull out a gun and aim it at Holmes.

“Holmes flinched, shocked by the sudden movement and the action by the one he had once called his friend.

“To put it simply,” began the man, “either you tell me what I want to know, or your friend here gets a bullet through the head.”

“Leave Holmes alone!” begged Miah, tears beginning to fall down her cheeks.

“You’re running out of time.” remarked the man, “and begging won’t save you, or him.”

“I don’t know what you want!” thundered Miah standing up, she was mad. Mad and tired of this whole situation. And now Holmes’ life was at stake, “Where did I go wrong?”

“That’s it,” stated the man coldly, “I’m not waiting any longer.”

With that he motioned for the guard watching Holmes to leave, “Whenever you’re ready Claire.”

Claire stood there, her hands shaking. How could she do this, she cared so much for him and now she would be the one killing him.

Holmes stared up at the barrel of her gun, his head still throbbing. “Claire, please. You don’t have to do this.”

“I wish that were true.” she said swallowing the lump in her throat.

“Hurry up and do it!” demanded the man, “It’s what we’ve both been waiting for after all. So, pull the trigger!”

“I’m sorry.” Claire whispered, tears stinging her eyes.

“It’s alright.” soothed Holmes, despite the fear he felt, “I forgive you.”

Claire squeezed her eyes shut and pulled the trigger….


BANG!


Upon opening her eyes Claire saw Holmes laying on the ground, blood pooling around him. On the other side of the room Miah had fallen into a heap, tears streaming down her face. And that man… The one who had made her do this to her friend. She hated him.

“Well done,” said the man turning to Claire, an evil grin on his face.

But Claire wasn’t listening, she was fuming with anger and before she knew it the gun was now aiming at the man who had caused her so much pain.

“What are you doing?” questioned the man, shocked by Claire’s sudden change of attitude.

“How could you?” said Claire, the tears now freely flowing. “He was my friend.”

“You fool…” began the man.

“No!” shrieked Claire, “Shut up!”

“You don’t know what you’re doing!” yelled the man in protest.

“I know perfectly well what I’m doing.” argued Claire, steadying her aim. “and now you’re going to pay for everything you’ve done….”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019!!!

Grad Slideshow