2022

 Happy New Year Friends!

    I know, I'm horrible at keeping up with posting, but this year I want to try and document what I do on here more, just for the funsies... cringes. However, in order to do that, I'm gonna need to catch you up on what happened since I last disappeared. As you can probably tell from the picture... things have changed quite a bit and a lot has happened since February of 2021.

    Now in case, you weren't aware, the last time I posted I was living in BC, working as a nanny for my sister. Well, I'm not there anymore, I'm actually back in good ol' Saskatchewan. How good it is though is questionable due to the fact that not even a day into returning, there were tornado warnings and touchdowns in some areas around where I live. So... funnn. 

    But back to BC. My time there was a lot of fun. Getting to hang out with my sister and my three adorable (but wild) nephews. And despite it being a stressful job, I enjoyed practically every minute of it. Oh, I also chopped off my hair while I was there and dyed it green (I'm coming for you Jacksepticeye)! That was fun, it's the first time in what's felt like forever that I did something that felt like me. And while I may not keep the green for forever, the short hair is here to stay. It feels more like Hannah and suits my personality better. Now, dying my hair and working isn't the only thing I've been up to. I've also been hard at work trying to maintain my YouTube channel and upload at least once a week. The channel has actually been growing quite a fair bit and as of writing this post, it's at 110 subscribers! Which is insane, I really didn't think that many people would want to watch my videos. But yeah between working on my channel and nannying I didn't have too much free time, although I did manage to sneak in a couple visits to see my cousin Nathan, my Uncle and Aunt, my Tita, and my Lola before heading back home. So that was nice.

    So now, I bet you're wondering... why did I go home if I was doing well out in BC. Well if we're being honest, I didn't want to go home, but I had to because I had another big surgery scheduled for June 23rd. And yes that's literally the day before my birthday. Needless to say, I was pissed about that horrible scheduling because not only was it another painful procedure, but it also made so that I couldn't celebrate my 20th birthday. Yes, I'm 20 now whooo! And while the family and some friends tried to make things better by having early celebrations or celebrating afterwards (which I really appreciate), it wasn't the same and if we're being honest, I'm still sorta mad about not being able to do anything special for my 20th. I had plans to do stuff in BC for my 20th, but the hospital just sorta ruined that.

    Anyways, stupid hospital stuff aside, I got home after what felt like ages and spent the next 2 months recovering. During that recovery period, I bought a bunny. So my dear Heart Penned, meet Gigi. The little lop I would quite willing die for. Her name is inspired by my channel's name (Hanney G)  and the gaming term for "good game" (GG). But basically, I got really tired of not having a furry friend. Our family dog Pepper had died early on in the year and I still hadn't really gotten over losing Camo despite it being 3ish years since he passed. So, I made the very rash decision to buy a bunny. I'd bought her before leaving for the hospital, but she wasn't able to be picked up until after I got home, which actually worked out perfectly. Gigi sorta gave me the motivation to move around and do stuff while I was recovering so it was honestly a good thing I got her. And she's been my little ray of sunshine since. A dramatic ray of sunshine, but sunshine nonetheless. Like seriously, she's a drama queen and a mischief-maker. I sometimes wonder why I didn't name her Loki instead and I've gotten into singing Prima Donna from "The Phantom of the Opera" to her constantly. So yeah... that's Gigi. 

    After getting Gigi, nothing else really happened, besides my cousin Nathan coming to visit and him, Cam, and I made a sequel to the film Mafia from 2020. We spent probably half our time together filming that and then the other half doing whatever we felt like doing. One of those things being a scary escape room where I got so scared I practically clung to Cam or Nathan the entire time... 

    Now, the last few months. To start things off, the channel helped raise money for St. Jude and we actually raised over $130! If you remember from 2020, MatPat and Steph from The Game Theorists did a big charity event for St. Jude and this year they did it again, but this time they opened it up for other people to join. So, I decided to give it a go! I streamed almost daily on twitch and made videos about it. I also got to do a collab with fellow YouTuber, Beeimeem! But all good things have to come to an end, and oh boy mine really came to an end. And I mean it came to an abrupt halt, because not even a week after collabing with Bee, I got covid. Now I'm not gonna go into detail cause the last thing I want is to get political. But all I can say is that it wasn't fun I was out of commission for basically 2-3 weeks and while I'm happy to say that I didn't get it too bad (never even got a fever), the aftermath was horrid. I had no energy basically until the past few weeks when I finally started to be able to function like a normal human being. So yeah... All I can safe is be safe my friends because covid isn't fun.

    Alrighty, so November up to now. Well to start off, Joanna came to visit for an entire week at the beginning of November! We had a lot of fun just chilling and visiting. Not to mention that we also made enough food for an army while she was here... so basically I was eating leftovers long after she left. lol. But we had a grand time. We watched the How to Train Your Dragon trilogy (I cried my eyes out every movie) which was amazing, as well as playing games like Mario Party and Minecraft. And then she left on the 13th... it was hard to say goodbye, seeing as we hardly see each other. But I didn't have much time to be upset because literally right after she left I dumped everything into making an Unus Annus tribute, because that's right... It had been one year since the channel had been deleted. Memento Mori my friends.

    And now we're here. It's the new year. It's 2022. Isn't it crazy? I honestly feel like 2021 passed in the blink of an eye, it really doesn't feel like a new year should be starting, and yet here we are. Our family didn't do much for the holidays. Which was both fine with me and incredibly lonely. So in order to just keep myself busy, and not think about it too much, I poured every spare moment I could into making another YouTube Rewind. And oh boy, that was so much fun to make! I wrote a 12 stanza poem all about some of the big things that happened on YouTube. Such as Game Theory's St. Jude stream, Jackspeticeye's Thankmas stream, Markiplier hitting 30 million, Dan and Phil literally making joint content again, Project 863, etc, etc. I'll have the video linked if you wanna check it out. But yeah, It was crazy. I posted that video on New Year's Eve, and as of now, it has over 500 views and over 40 likes. Making it my most viewed video yet and in only 5 days! Not to mention the channel gained 8 subscribers in that time as well. It's absolutely insane and I'm completely blown away by it all. I don't know what to say except thank you. The last month of this hasn't been the greatest, but the small community around the channel has helped make things easier.

    Anyhow, I'm gonna leave this post here my friends. Once again, happy new year! And hopefully, I'll be back soon! 

Sincerely,
Hanah Goodnough 💗





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019!!!

Grad Slideshow