Graduation & Life

Hello Lovelies,

So I'm here with a bit of exciting news. As of June 22nd I am graduated and officially done highschool! Since I'm homeschooled and the online school I was with didn't have anything planned for their grads my mom and I put together our own graduation party. However, before I get into that, allow me to catch you up on what I've been up to these few months.


A week after uploading my film Redeemed, April 12 and 13, we had our annual Discerning the Times Bible Conference. Our speakers were Doug Stauffer, Daniel Goodwin, and Rob Lindsted. Their sessions were amazing and there was so much to learn it was hard to keep up. Perhaps I'll make a separate post on some of the notes I took. Either way the speakers were great and the company was even better. During the conference friends that people sometimes only get to see during that time are around and it's wonderful to see the smiles on everyone's faces. I got to hang out with some of my favorite people during the conference and let me tell you, I couldn't have asked for anything better, except maybe more sleep. But I think one of the best parts was the crew. Some friends, family, and I were part of the conference's crew this year. And somehow despite the lack of sleep we managed to keep on top of things. There were a few hiccups, but nothing that couldn't be fixed... that I was made aware of. So yeah, that was the conference. It was all pretty great, loved each of the speakers, and can't wait for the next one!

The next big event was that my sister and her family came down to visit for just over two weeks! That was great! Despite there still being school and people working we actually got to do quite a bit. My sister and I did a couple of photoshoots, our family went out for a couple outings and once for dinner, I got to completely smother my little nephews in hugs. So yeah, I'd say it was a great visit. My sister actually did my graduation photoshoot while she was here, as well as teaching me how to (sorta) use the manual on my camera. But I say that the best day of their visit was when we got to go out for dinner at this cute retro diner, where my sister and brother-in-law bugged to no extent about my eating fish and chips with a fork and knife. Seriously does it really matter? Either way we had a great time, stayed up until one in the morning visiting, and then cried when they had to leave. I wish they could've stayed longer, but hopefully I'll see them later this summer.


Lastly was my graduation and 18th birthday. this past month was crazy with me cramming in last minute assignments and checking in with teachers to make sure everything was in. But finally after about 2 weeks of pulling all-nighters almost every night, it was all over. And the first thing I did to celebrate was slee... NOPE, I woke up at 8 the next morning to get ready and drive to pick up my friend for the grad. Which, let's be honest, that was totally worth it because the time I had with my friend, though short, was great. We mostly just talked about music and freaked out about the weather, but anyhow. The morning of the 22nd was finally here, my friend and I woke up looked out the window, and... It was pouring rain with tornado warnings. Oh what a day. The forecast was saying it was going to thunderstorm later that day and the tornado warnings lasted all day long. But despite all that we still went through with things. And the grad was amazing! It was so nice to see so many of my friends and family come and celebrate with me. Mom and dad did their speeches right after everyone arrived and then we had a few of the open mic. Which, thanks to everyone for the kind words, they mean alot to me. We had so much good food (so much so that I had no room for cake), we watched the slideshow, and I surprisingly made it through my speech fairly smoothly (The speech is down below), and I got to sing my cousin happy birthday. The evening then closed off with a couple of games and last minute visiting with everyone. My 18th was techinally also celebrated during my grad party even though it's actually on the 24th, but my cousin Krysten did help me take a few 18th pictures while she was here and then I got to spend my actual birthday relaxing. I went out for lunch with my one friend, and then came home and talked to one of my online friends. But that's about the whole of it. It was all really grand and I'm looking forward to what these next years hold.

But I suppose this is where I need to end things. Hopefully, now that I'm a bit more free, I can post alot more regularly. I do plan on posting a video/slideshow of all the photos taken from the grad. So keep your eyes peeled for that. Also if anyone has any suggestions for things they'd like to see or hear me rant/talk about just let me know. Talk to you all later, byyye :) !

In Christ's Love,
Hannah G.


(Grad speech, and yes I wrote a poem as my speech. I'm weird like that.)

So, I got told I would have to write a Grad speech. And my instant reaction was “speeches are over-rated; I’m writing a poem!”. But first I need to say a couple things. The first being thank you all for coming to celebrate, and to all those who put so much time and effort into planning this. Second, it’s been a crazy adventure to make it to this, quite honestly, unbelievable moment. And I do hope that this poem will at least somewhat convey just that…


Memory Lane

It’s hard to believe I’ve made it this far
Through all the love and sorrow, laughter and scars
Just looking at all the faces here today
Makes me want to take a walk down memory lane

Years one to three I remember nothing of
But according to family it was filled with lots of love
Along with hospitals, needles, and surgeries
But through it all my parents stood faithfully

I barely remember years four and five
As insane my sister I did drive
Faint memories of my cousins coming over
And a playhouse that became home to many a disaster

Years six and seven probably had some stress
As the fear of death can cause such distress
My cousins had moved, my sister now dating
While at Bible study I’d sit there drawing

Years eight and nine I have lost to time
And thanks to some rumors I had a friend to call mine
There’s love in the air, and sounds of wedding ties
While in a corner a little me cries

During years ten and eleven I made a new friend
Her name was Kylynne and we’d be friends to the end
She so helped me to feel more like me
And a broken window is quite the memory

Years twelve and thirteen involve building a home
Road trips to Moosomin, gospel nights, and dear little Camo
I also met Joanna, who became a fast bestie
Then late December I became a proud auntie

Year fourteen was the beginning of something new
I gave my life to Jesus, and not long after baptism followed through
Then I lost Kylynne and began to fight depression
And creation camp can be summarized with Molly and crying to Krysten

Year fifteen things were steadily declining
But thanks be to God for my family, friends, and writing
I wrote to help and try to ease the pain
While mom and dad tried to guide me in the right way

By year sixteen I felt like I had nothing to live for
But I put on a smile, saying I was fine so people wouldn’t ask more
That sixteenth birthday though, I’ll admit was a blast
It’s one of the only happy memories from that year to have last

It was year seventeen when things began to look up
Who knew all it’d take was God, family, friends, and then some?
The loss of Camo, my dear little bun
And our family welcoming another little one

Now it’s year eighteen and look where we’re at
Haven beaten the darkness in his own combat
For once in a long time I feel like I belong
As I march to the tune of a newfound song

And as I stand here surrounded by so much love
I can’t help but thank our dear God above
For forever guiding me through all I’ve seen
So, I can honestly say I can’t wait for year nineteen




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019!!!

Grad Slideshow

You Promised